Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This dish is not complicated to make. Stir some chicken and spices together and simmer. Finish with a squeeze of lime and nam pla and you have soup to die for.
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces rice noodles (pho)
- 4 boneless chicken wings
- 1 liter water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 5 stems lemongrass
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 inch fresh galangal root, minced
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons nam pla
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- In a large pot, place chicken wings, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and galangal root in 1 liter of water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, occasionally removing foam that floats to surface of broth.
- Shred lettuce into bite sized pieces. Cut tomato into small wedges. Remove root ends of bean sprouts.
- Soak pho noodles according to package directions.
- When soup has simmer 30 minutes, stir in the nam pla and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Separate noodles into two bowls, pulling gently apart. Top both bowls with bean sprouts and lettuce.
- Ladle broth into each bowl and garnish with tomato slices and cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION