Healthy, Easy Ramen for One
photo by stephee24
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced (I also love to add honshimeji mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 leaves bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 - 2⁄3 cup tofu, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato (use home grown, farmer's market or organic for flavor)
- 1⁄2 - 2⁄3 cup noodles, dried chow mein stir fry noodles broken up into small pieces
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach leaves
- Pour broth in pot and turn on heat to medium high.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and place in broth as it heats up.
- Add the sriracha and hoisin to the broth and cook for 4 minutes.
- Thinly slice bok choy and stir in with mushrooms, cook for 4 minutes.
- Dice one green onion and add to pot.
- Dice tofu and add to pot, cook for 4 minutes.
- Dice tomatoes and add to pot.
- Add broken up noodles to pot, cook for 3 minutes (or as per package on noodles).
- Squeeze half a lime (about 1tsp of juice) and add chopped cilantro.
- Stir in a handful of loose spinach leaves.
- Turn off heat and place in bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking from scratch and I love savory foods. This website has been a godsend because of the recipe ratings. It's so easy to find a great recipe now without having to test it out first. I hope I can contribute to that!