Pei Wei Asian Diner Khao Soi (Northern Thai Curry Soup)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the Pei Wei Asian Diner website.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, minced
- 1 (1 inch) turmeric, peeled & minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon massuman curry paste
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, bruised with knife
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless & sliced thin
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb Chinese egg noodles, wide & cooked
- 2 fresno chilies, cut into rings
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- In a sauce pan, heat soybean oil until hot. Add garlic, turmeric, and lemongrass & saute for 30 seconds. Add salt, red curry, and massaman curry then saute for 1 minute, cooking the curry paste.
- Add palm sugar, chicken stock, and coconut milk then turn heat on medium to bring to a simmer. Add fish sauce, lime leaves, and whole Thai basil bunch. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and shrimp & cook on low until chicken is just done. Use tongs to remove lime leaves & Thai basil. Add lime juice, turn off heat & reserve.
- Divide cooked noodles into 4 bowls. Divide broth, chicken & shrimp into 4 bowls. Garnish with bright chiles and a sprig of cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION