Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My s-i-l who lives in Virginia, makes this pie every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It wouldn't be the holidays without it ;) I'm not a fan of pecan pie, but I think this one is excellent.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 1 cup pecans, quartered
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin.
- Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish.
- Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To Make Pie Filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans.
- Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust.
- Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for one hour or until firm.
- Cool pie for one hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.