Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This was an absolute killer cake...I made it on Sunday for my family, and everyone just went wild over it, nothing left but one little piece for me that I hid in the fridge for later. I baked mine in a pyrex 11x7 baking pan, and had no problem being short on batter, I did however, double the streusal as my son is a big time cinnamon streusal lover, I did use most of it up, but had a small amount left over. If anyone is looking for the most delicious butterscotchy-tasting cake, then this is a must-try... another winner Love4....thanks so much for posting....KC :)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter (not LIGHT!)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup caramel-flavored bits or 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
For the Streusel
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Glaze
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caramel flavoring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13x9 baking pan.
- In small
- bowl, mix streusel ingredients til blended well; set aside.
- Combine flour and all cake ingredients
- except chips; on med speed, beat 2 mins; fold in chips.
- Put 1/2 batter in prepared pan, sprinkle w/ streudel, and carefully spread rest of batter over streudel.
- Bake 25-35minutes til toothpick comes clean, cool slightly; Combine confectioner's
- sugar, extract and enough water to make a glaze and drizzle glaze over warm cake and Serve!