Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are a family favorite from the Silver Palate Cookbook. They can be served warm with ice-cream or on a cookie platter.
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb sweet butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup melted sweet butter (about 11 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups shelled pecans, coarsely chopped
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Sift sugar and flour together.Cut in butter, using two knives or a pastry blender, until fine crumbs form. Pat crust into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- Topping: Mix melted butter, honey, cream and brown sugar together. Stir in pecans, coating them thoroughly. Spread over crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes more. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Fabulous! These are so good, DH loves them and has put them on his favorite list. Thanks
Delicious squares - DH adored these even though he's usually far more interested in the savoury stuff on the table! Very rich and a little goes a long way. I made 1/2 recipe and baked in a 8" square pan for 22 minutes. Perfect! Thank you very much for a great recipe!
These were EXCELLENT! I think they are even better than pecan pie. I over baked mine a little, but they were still delicious. Everyone who had one raved about them. Thanks for a great new recipe!