- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb sweet butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup melted sweet butter (about 11 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups shelled pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Sift sugar and flour together.Cut in butter, using two knives or a pastry blender, until fine crumbs form. Pat crust into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- Topping: Mix melted butter, honey, cream and brown sugar together. Stir in pecans, coating them thoroughly. Spread over crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes more. Cool completely before cutting into squares.