Recipe by Toni in Colorado
I do not remember where I got the recipe for the Snowcap Spread. Since this is Pecan Month, here is a spread for crackers from the Colorado Cachet cookbook. Though the recipe indicates putting the pecan pieces on top, I just mix them into the spread. I have also altered this to include 1/3 cup diced green olives 8 ounces deviled ham, and 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper. (This is really mixing another recipe (Snowcap Spread with the Pecan Spread)
Top Review by Lalaloula
Toni, this spread is simply AMAZING!!!! I luved it so much, I really cant wait to make it again soon! :)
The flavours are so complex and everything works so well together! I particularly enjoyed the play of the sweetish roasted pecans with the onion (I used a green onion). Mmmm!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this easy to make yet impressive recipe with us!
Made and reviewed for an event in the Diabetic Forum August 2010.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (more or less for consistency)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (less if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, milk, green bell pepper, garlic salt, pepper, onion and sour cream.
- Place in a bowl or on a plate you're going to serve.
- Melt butter in a separate pan and add nuts and salt.
- Stir well and drain on a paper towel.
- Spoon nuts over cheese mixture.
- Serve with crackers.
- For the Snowcap Spread and Pecan Spread mixed, mix in the green olives, red bell pepper and deviled ham.