Pecan Blue-Cheese Spread
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- Place nuts in food processor and process until finely chopped; it takes about 10 seconds.
- Add both cheeses.
- Process until very smooth; again, it should only take about 10 seconds.
- Pack into a bowl and refrigerate until serving; this is best if allowed to chill for a few hours.
- A dribble of brandy or port added when you add the cheeses doesn't hurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was my last hope for an appetizer to bring to a party as my efforts towards another recipe failed miserably, and I had to come up with something fast. This was so amazing, it whipped up quickly, effortlessly, and was a real hit. It is so good that it's addictive. I plan to make it again, but I'm scared that I'll eat it all. This is actually better than chocolate, if that's possible. Thanks Lennie for yet another great recipe.
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!