Southern decadence at it finest! These are enough to make a New Orleans native like me homesick. Cook time includes cooling time. Recipe from Foodtv.com (but its almost as good as MawMaw's recipe)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (Watch them closely so the don't get over toasted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- Over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 240 degrees (soft ball).
- If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- CAREFULLY stir in the vanilla, bourbon, and toasted pecans.
- (It might spit and sputter) Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool for 20 minutes.