1/3 Photos of Pecan Pralines Southern Style
Southern decadence at it finest! These are enough to make a New Orleans native like me homesick. Cook time includes cooling time. Recipe from Foodtv.com (but its almost as good as MawMaw's recipe)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (Watch them closely so the don't get over toasted).
- 4Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 5Fit a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- 6Over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 240 degrees (soft ball).
- 7If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- 8Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- 9CAREFULLY stir in the vanilla, bourbon, and toasted pecans.
- 10(It might spit and sputter) Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- 11Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- 12Cool for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecan Pralines Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g