Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Like pecan pie but not as sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened )
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Reserve 3/4 cup cake mix for second layer. Set aside.
- For the first layer: In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup margarine or butter, brown sugar, cake mix (minus 3/4 cup), water, pecans and 2 eggs. Mix well.
- Spread batter into pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- For the second layer: In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 2 eggs, milk, sugar, corn syrup and Reserved 3/4 cup cake mix.
- Mix well and pour over first layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 1 - 10x15 inch cake.