Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious bite sized tart.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- PASTRY; Beat the butter and cream cheese together, then add the flour, mixing well. Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour.
- FILLING; In mixer bowl stir together the egg, sugar, 1 tablespoons butter, vanilla and salt until smooth, set aside.
- Shape the chilled pastry into 2 dozen 1-inch balls. Place each ball into ungreased 1-3/4 inch muffin cups. Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the cups.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chopped pecans into each of the pastry lined muffin cups. Fill each of the tarts with the filling mixture.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool, then remove from pans. Stored covered in the refrigerator.