Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posting this for a Zaar friend who needs low sugar recipes but loves coconut! Hope she can tweak this for her dessert recipes.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place graham cracker crumbs, pecans and coconut flakes on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove the crumb mixture and let cool.
- In medium bowl, melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Add crumb mixture to butter and mix together well making sure butter is well incorporated.
- Use as crust for your favorite cheesecake, torte or cream pie.
i really liked the flavor of this crust, but mine didn't hold together at all. i followed the directions exactly, so i can't imagine what went wrong....maybe more butter would hold it together?
excellent crust- such a nice change from using astandard graham cracker crumb, like previous reviewer i used it with the key lime pie- i need to say though that i only toasted the nuts and coconut for 5 minutes- when i went to stir it, it was already starting to get real brown. i used sweetened coconut, so maybe that is why
WOW this was really good - topped it with Key Lime Pie (#41575) and Vanilla Whipped Cream (#74805) and it was a perfect combination! A couple notes: (1) Don't bake the graham cracker crumbs - only the coconut and pecans - the graham crumbs burned for me and I started over. (2) Make sure the coconut and pecans are chopped well - it makes it much easier to pack into the pie pan. Mine was a bit chunky!