Recipe by ~Bekah~
A Christmas favorite.
Top Review by Ms B.
I think that a step is missing from this recipe. I think that the balls of cream cheese dough should be molded to form little crusts inside the muffin tins. I added this step in my prep and replaced the margarine with unsalted butter. I didn't consider the additional salt in the margarine and should have added a pinch of salt to my dough for enhanced flavor. Otherwise, this is a nice recipe for a simple basic. We all love pecan pie, and found these little treats to be a nice bite-sized version of that.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Let cream cheese and margarine soften.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place in ungreased small muffin pans. Press dough on the bottom, and up the sides of the cup, forming a little crust in which one.
- Keep cool in fridge.
- Beat together egg, brown sugar, 1 tlbs margarine, salt and vanilla.
- Stir in nuts.
- Place about a teaspoon of nut mixture in the cups on top of the molded ball mixture.
- Bake at 325 for about 25 minutess.
- Cool before removing.