Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't turn your nose up at the Banana Salsa (we did at 1st) it is absolutly great with the pecan chicken, or by itself. We also put chunks of pineapple in the salsa to add a little different flair (bananas & pineapple do so well together) and its so yummie.
- 3 cups bananas, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 1⁄2 jalapeno chiles, seeded,chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 limes, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans (pecan mill works w/some crushed pecans thrown in)
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- SALSA: Combine the bananas,bell peppers,jalapeno chilies,cilantro,lime juice,brown sugar,salt and pepper in bowl and mix well.
- Let stand 1 hour or longer.
- CHICKEN: Beat the egg with milk in a bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs and pecans in a bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread with Dijon mustard and coat lightly with flour.
- Dip into egg mixture and then into pecan mixture, pressing to coat well.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and add the chicken.
- Saute until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Remove to a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with the salsa.
This has become one of my family's all time favourites! Thanks
Really good! I was actually going to make the chicken without the salsa, but I had the ingredients so I decided to be daring and try it. I've never had anything like it before, but it was sooo good! Will make this again for sure. Thanks!