Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in one of my hometown newspapers when I went home for Christmas. It won 1st place in a cookie contest held by the paper. I haven't made these yet, so the yield is just an approximation. Once I've made the cookies, I'll update the recipe.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 1064.65 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 473.18 ml pecan pieces
- 170.09 g almond brickle chips
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 2 eggs
- In large mixer bowl blend sugar, powdered sugar, butter and oil until mixed well. Add almond extract and eggs and mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. Gradually blend in flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar at low speed. By hand, stir in pecans and brickle chips.
- Roll large tablespoonful of dough into balls. Roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in criss-cross pattern with fork.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.