Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This crust is perfect for pumpkin pie!
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate with non stick spray.
- Toast pecans on cookie sheet for 7 - 10 mintues, or until the smell of nuts fills the kitchen.
- Combine oats, flour, toasted pecans, cinnamon and salt in food processor or blender, and pulse until mixture becomes a coarse meal.
- Pour in oil and maple syrup and pulse until wet and dry are just combined.
- (I used a blender to pulse the dry, and then mixed in the oil and syrup by hand in a bowl so it wouldn't get stuck in the bottom of the blender).
- Press the mixture into a prepared pie plate. I like to use the bottom of a glass to press the crust down evenly on the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Fill with your favorite pie filling: mine is PUMPKIN.