Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
1 8 or 9-inch pie crust
- Combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl, then add the butter and optional cinnamon.
- Stir with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Empty the mixture in the pie plate, then pat and press mixture evenly all around the bottom and sides of the plate.
- Before filling, either bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or chill for about an hour.
- (You simply want the crust to be firm and both baking and chilling will do that, although I prefer baking.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made as the crust for a key lime pie (baby sis recipe not on Zaar), I skipped the cinnamon as I did not see that flavor as compatible. I used my magic bullet mini-chopper unit to crush the graham crackers that come in rd cookie form here, my Pampered Chef wooden mini-tart shaper to press the crust into the pie plate & the pre-bake method to set the crust as you suggested. Easy-peasy w/an ideal outcome. Thx for sharing this useful recipe w/us. :-)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.