Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living....I serve this a lot and everyone seems to love it.
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Using the first 3 tablespoons of ground mustard, lightly coat both sides of each chicken breast.
- Combine pecans and red pepper in a small, shallow bowl and gently coat each chicken breast with the pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until just lightly browned.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place it in an 11 X 17 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until chicken is done.
- Heat the whipping cream in a large skilled over medium heat until it is reduced by half (about 12 minutes).
- Stir in the honey, 2 tablespoons mustard and salt.
- Ladle sauce over each chicken breast immediately before serving.