Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter found this recipe in a magazine and thought it would be good to make for her daughter's nursery school snacks. So, I helped her make them and they are very colorful for Easter. You can either use the Fruity Pebbles or the Cocoa Pebbles. She used a teflon coated cupcake pan and did not grease it and they came out fine, but if you use a regular cupcake pan, I would lightly grease it like the recipe says. These are very easy to make and the kids will love them.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1 (13 ounce) box Fruity Pebbles cereal (8 1/2 cups) or 1 (13 ounce) box Cocoa Pebbles cereal (8 1/2 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) canready-to-spread frosting
- candy sprinkles
- jelly beans or gumdrop
- In a 4 quart pan, melt the butter on the stove.
- Add the marshmallows and mix to coat.
- Continue to heat slowly till the marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal and mix to coat well.
- Press firming into lightly greased muffin tins to form a cupcake using about 1/3 cup for each one.
- Refrigerate to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans and spread with frosting.
- Decorate as desired.