Recipe by breezermom
In this recipe, the peas are cooked in broth, then flavors are added with the additional ingredients. From the Italian Heritage Association cookbook.
Top Review by lazyme
I totally agree with pammyowls's review. For some reason, I didn't think that my grandson liked peas so I halved this recipe. He totally surprised me when he scarfed up most of the bowl and asked me when we could have these again. Kids! *roll*. Thanks so much breezer, for a new hit at home. Congrats on your football win......again.....for the 3rd week in a row! I sure as heck hope that you bought lottery tickets! :D Made for your win in the football pool.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb frozen English peas
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat; add the peas, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (your preference) until the peas are tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Saute the onion in oil in a skillet over medium heat until tender. Add the diced prosciutto; saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.