Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
Make and share this Peas and Rice Salad With Buttermilk Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, not instant
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I used white)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients and whiz until blended.
- In a saucepan, combine rice with 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (30-40 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine vegetables, rice and cheese.
- Toss with dressing.
- Chill before serving.