1/1 Photo of Peas and Rice Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
Cathleen Colbert's Note:
Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice, not instant
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1In a food processor, combine dressing ingredients and whiz until blended.
- 2In a saucepan, combine rice with 1 cup water.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until tender (30-40 minutes).
- 6In a bowl, combine vegetables, rice and cheese.
- 7Toss with dressing.
- 8Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peas and Rice Salad With Buttermilk Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 69.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: