Recipe by *axxo*
We serve this over meatloaf or on it's own with crusty bread and a salad. Very simple but tasty.
- 1 lb ditalini
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen green peas
- grated cheese, for passing
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a medium pot of water on the stove over high heat for pasta. When water comes to a boil, add salt to water and cook pasta to al dente, with a bite to it.
- In a large, deep skillet, preheated over moderate heat, cook garlic, onion, and crushed pepper in extra-virgin olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to the pan. When tomatoes come to a bubble, reduce heat to simmer. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is cooked to al dente, drain well and set near stove. Add the green peas to the sauce. Stir to combine and heat peas through.
- Add pasta to sauce. Keep turning pasta in sauce until pasta begins to absorb sauce, about 1 minute.
- Transfer pasta to a serving platter.