Recipe by COOKGIRl
I used mixed greens, pears, honey and bleu cheese-all from Oregon sources in this salad. For alternate versions, try two different varieties of pears. For example, I tested Forelle and Anjou pears. Rogue Creamery artisan cheesemaker supplied the bleu cheese (in particular their Smokey Blue), too. A light dressing tops it off. From a local source. Makes 6 small dinner salads. A perfect salad for a brunch or light meal. Happy 2009!
- 6 cups assorted greens
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced (any variety, read intro)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup artisan blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey (soften the honey if necessary to make it easier to whisk) or 2 tablespoons agave nectar (soften the honey if necessary to make it easier to whisk)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a salad bowl, lightly toss the greens with the pears.
- In a small non-reactive bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice. Whisk with the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the the greens and pears and toss <<gently>>.
- Arrange the salad on six individual salad plates.
- Garnish with the walnuts and bleu cheese.