Herb Crusted Salmon With Mixed Greens Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh spinach, for salads
- Combine first seven ingredients in shallow dish; spray fish with cooking oil, both sides, sprinkle with salt, and dredge through mixture.
- Heat non-stick skillet to medium high heat, coat skillet with cooking spray. Add fish, cook three minutes one side. Reduce heat to medium, and carefully turn fish over; cook four minutes or until fish reaches desired level of doneness.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice (about half the lemon from which you got your rind), olive oil, mustard, salt, and garlic. Mix together salad greens and onions (obviously, you don't have to use the spinach/romaine mixture, that is just what we did b/c it was what we had) in a large bowl; add dressing, toss to coat.
- Place salad on plate and top with salmon.
Join The Conversation
Really Loved this recipe. I made it a few weeks ago. The mix of herbs and breadcrumbs was a perfect match to the salmon. Salmon was moist following this cooking directions. I didn't have a lemon last time so I used a lime. Last time I didn't make the salad. Will be making this tonight and I'm making the salad too. We are Gluten Free so I found a recipe for italian breadcrumbs (#206196) and used GF bread. Turned out perfect. Thanks for a keeper in my arsenal of recipes.
I know that I will be enjoying this again during the hot summer months. The dressing has the perfect amount of tartness to compliment the cooked salmon. I was fortnate that my fresh herbs survived the winter as it really makes a difference in this dish. recipe #102062 was used for the Italian breadcrumbs. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*