Turkey/Chicken Mixed Greens Salad With Kiwi and Strawberries in
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast (grilled is preferred) or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, pre-cooked (grilled is preferred)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, dry roasted and salted
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, honey, sesame oil, and honey mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken or turkey into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Arrange the greens on a salad plate or large serving platter. Top with turkey/chicken, kiwi, strawberries, and cashews. Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderfully refreshing, light salad that I'm enjoying at work for lunch :) I probably used more strawberries than called for, but otherwise kept to the recipe. The dressing is very subtle, and complements the fruit nicely. I used dijon mustard instead of honey mustard because I didn't have any. Thanks for a healthy, easy recipe I will use again :) Made for 123 Hits.
Even though it's Winter, it must be Spring here on the farm, cause' I just served the nicest, most delicious salad, and it came right from my own icebox. What could there be not to love with chicken/strawberries, mixed greens, kiwi....and field greens? I reduced the sesame oil by 1/2 (1tsp.) from personal preference and used turkey breast thinly sliced (cooked from the day prior) on top of the greens, and left the strawberries whole, just to dip in the dressing. Oh yum! Added a bit of sweet onion but other then that, stayed completely to the whole recipe. YUM! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* December 2009