Cabbage and Mixed Greens Salad With Light Tangy Herb Vinaigrette
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diagonally cut
- Combine 1st ten ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine salad greens, cabbage, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over veggies and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this lovely salad for supper tonight, just excellant. Especially like the dressing, very tangy and delicious. Sorry i did not use the cabbage or the green onion, simply did not have either in, but I will be making this again and will use them. thanks for posting , I will probably make the dressing again alone to use on other salads.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former retail management slave who is now a stay at home mom who absolutely loves her job. I have an eight year old, a two year old and a nine month old who all bring their own kind of joy to my life. My favorite thing in the world is to cook. We have a real, from scratch family dinner almost every night. Please don't be offended if I somewhat change a recipe in my review. I look at recipes sort of as guidelines, and alter them according to inspiration. I've received alot of helpful advice from reviews, that's why I share what I've done differently. With my little ones I'm pretty busy, but I LOVE this site and plan on being even more active as they get older.