Very Green Salad With Herb Vinaigrette
The dressing is what makes this salad. Adapted from Chef Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 small sprigs fresh tarragon
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary, stem removed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and finely diced
- Mince the garlic and shallot in a food processor. Scrape down sides and the add parsley, tarragon, basil and rosemary. Pulse to chop.
- Add the vinegar, agave nectar, salt, pepper, mustard, and 1 tbls. water. Pulse again. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream.
- Place the cucumber, lettuce, onion, and kohlrabi in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was an exceptional salad that tasted incredibly fresh (and green)! I made the dressing exactly as posted, using safflower oil. All the flavors of the herbs came through. For the salad, I could not find kohlrabi anywhere, so added some garden radishes (which were not green but very tasty). This is a light salad that packs a lot of flavor. All my guests were very complimentary! Made for ZWT8.Reply
What an unusual salad! I chose this salad because I have all these herbs growing in my garden at the moment. I omitted the kohlrabi and used honey instead of agave. Overall, this was delicious and different than our usual salad. I served this with Recipe #324890 and Recipe #308070. Made for ZWT.Reply
see 9 more