1/1 Photo of Pear Tart
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A sweet pear tart that's great for the fall as pears are in season. Based off of a recipe for apple tart found at World's Healthiest Foods website. This recipe does have alcohol in it, but if you would prefer not to use any substitute an extract (such as vanilla or almond) and water with a little bit of brown sugar. Cook time includes the time to allow it to chill in the refrigerator, about 1 hour. Note: I made this trying the extract mix and it came out lovely! 1/2 cup of water, 1 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extract, dash of nutmeg, and three teaspoons of brown sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine walnuts and dates in food processor. Make sure you remove pits if dates have them and cut off end where stem was. Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth. About 40 seconds. It should be a coarse texture when done. Press evenly into a 9 inch tart pan. Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- 2Squeeze the juice out of the lemon and combine with water in a bowl.
- 3Slice pears by cutting into quarters. Cut out core and slice crosswise in 1/4 inch thick slices. Put into lemon water while you finish cutting pears. Drain well in colander when done.
- 4Place pears in a large skillet with rest of the ingredients (excluding almonds) and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently on medium heat.
- 5Remove pears with a slotted spoon from hot pan to a bowl and cool completely.
- 6Add in almonds and then reduce liquid to about half the volume and cool separately.
- 7Spread pears evenly over crust. Brush syrup over pears.
- 8Can be served right away or will keep in refrigerator until needed. Keep tart covered in refrigerator so it doesn't pick up moisture. Top with a little vanilla yogurt if desired.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g