Recipe by Sharon123
From the Barn Inn(Bed and Breakfast) in Millersburg, Ohio, this is good!
Top Review by Debbie Boere Vrou
This is absolutely wonderful! So easy to make and yet so elegant. My kids loved it - the oldest doesn't like desserts but he had three helpings. It's not too sweet, but satisfying. I used light cream cheese and it turned out great.
- 8 ripe pears, pealed, halved, & cored
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pear halves, cored side up, in two baking pans. Cut off a sliver from the rounded side of each pear half so that it will set nicely in the pan. Place a dot of butter in each hollow of pear. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Mix together the cream cheese and honey until creamy. Add vanilla, lemon juice, water, and cinnamon. Pour cream cheese mixture over pear halves. Half way through baking, sprinkle pecans over pears.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, until sauce starts to turn a golden color. Serve warm.