Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Barn Inn(Bed and Breakfast) in Millersburg, Ohio, this is good!
- 8 ripe pears, pealed, halved, & cored
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- Place pear halves, cored side up, in two baking pans. Cut off a sliver from the rounded side of each pear half so that it will set nicely in the pan. Place a dot of butter in each hollow of pear. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Mix together the cream cheese and honey until creamy. Add vanilla, lemon juice, water, and cinnamon. Pour cream cheese mixture over pear halves. Half way through baking, sprinkle pecans over pears.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, until sauce starts to turn a golden color. Serve warm.
This is absolutely wonderful! So easy to make and yet so elegant. My kids loved it - the oldest doesn't like desserts but he had three helpings. It's not too sweet, but satisfying. I used light cream cheese and it turned out great.
Really unique twist on eating pears. It was lightly sweet and very tasty. The pears were so nice and tender after baking. Thanks for sharing!
Extremely flavorful! We omitted the water to create a thicker sauce and it was still a very light dessert and worked out perfectly. The bottom of the pan did seem to curdle a bit, but it tasted great and they were gone in a flash!