Recipe by mollypaul
The perfect pear dessert. From the Houston Chronicle. Time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe pear, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir well.
- Stir in butter with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pie pan and bake for 15 minutes Remove from oven.
- Beat the cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended Spread over the baked crust.
- Top with pear slices arranged in a decorative circular pattern and sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 30 minutes Remove from oven, cool and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.