Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A healthy-ish desert, perfect for winter. Not tried yet.
Make and share this Pear and Sultana Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- Drain and thickly slice pear halves in pear juice, reserving 4 tbsp of the juice.
- Put the pears in an ovenproof dish with the sultanas and the reserved juice.
- Cut the butter in to small cubes and rub into plain flour.
- Mix in caster sugar and sprinkle over the pears.
- Bake at 190C for 25 mins.
- Serve with cream or natural yogurt.
Made this for a quick dessert tonight - I was feeling like pears. It was really good and very quick. I halved the recipe and cooked it in a ceramic bowl for 15 minutes. I also switched the caster sugar for brown sugar.
Imagine taking a bite of a mildly sweet crumbly/moist topping. Underneath you taste a warm creamy fruit filling... Then, as you bite down onto a warm seedless grape, an exposion of juice just flows like a river in your mouth to blend it all together. Look no further. Very light, yet wonderful cascade of flavors, texture, and airyness about it. Your right Luschka, it is perfect for winter. Very refreshing. :)