Recipe by Elly in Canada
If you love blue cheese, you will enjoy this quick and easy salad. The salad is topped with a creamy dressing and additional crumbled blue cheese. I have used pears and/or apples to make this salad, walnut and pecans both equally good.
- 1 (100 g) package blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk, more if required
- 6 cups mesclun or 6 cups other mixed salad greens
- 3 firm ripe pears or 3 apples, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together in a small bowl, half the blue cheese with the cream cheese and milk until well combined. If you find the dressing too thick add a little more milk. May be made ahead and refrigerated. (If you buy the crumbled blue cheese you will need a 175g package).
- Place 1 cup of the mesclun mix on individual salad plates.
- Cut pears in half, remove core and cut into wedges.
- Arrange pears on top of greens.
- Drizzle dressing over pears. Top with remaining blue cheese, nuts and pepper.