Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Jean Paré. I tried it and it was very good.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these with extra chunky peanut butter 'cause I wanted some of the peanut taste to come through ~ Was very pleased with the results as were my guests, & enjoyed the molasses flavor as well! A keeper here! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, soften
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 big egg
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg while beating. Add peanut butter and molasse and beat well.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and add to the peanut butter mixture. Stir well. Drop the dough with a spoon on a ungreased baking sheet. Squeeze the dough with a floured bottom glass or with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven of 375 F for 12 to 15 minutes.