Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Serve with Fresh Spring Rolls— Goi Cuon. Recipe from Cook's Illustrated.
Make and share this Peanut Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust to taste
- Whisk peanut butter, hoisin sauce, water, tomato paste, and chili sauce, if using, in small bowl.
- Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors blend, about 3 minutes. (Sauce should have ketchup-like consistency. To thin, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until proper consistency is reached.).
- Transfer to bowl; cool to room temperature.
- The sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.