Recipe by Hey Jude
I know there's lots of recipes for this type of sauce but this is my favorite and it's low in fat and calories. I've served this with veggies, as an appetizer, or tossed it with noodles as a main dish (Must sprinkle with plenty of cilantro!!) Recipe courtesy of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon thai hot sauce (I use the one with the rooster on the bottle)
- vegetables, for dipping (optional)
- noodles, of your choice
- fresh cilantro (to (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter, ginger root, garlic, scallions, stock, soy sauce or tamari, vinegar, honey, cilantro and hot sauce in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Check the seasoning and add more soy sauce, vinegar or honey according to your taste. The sauce should be a little sweet, sour and salty.
- Serve it with veggies for dipping or toss it with noodles and garnish with LOTS (we like lots) of freshly chopped cilantro.