Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My boyfriend MICHAEL loves my peanut crunch cake.
- 1⁄2 chopped peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips, divided
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a bowl, beat cake mix,peanut butter and brown sugar on low speed until crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Add water,eggs, and oil to remaining crumb mixture; blend on low until moistened.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine peanuts, reserved crumb mixture and the remaining chips; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This is a very flavorful cake and it seems to please everyone. I originally got this recipe from the 1998 Beta Sigma Phi cookbook.
very good cake made this MANY times for my husbands submarine crew! orriginally out of Taste of home Quick cooking magazine