Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crisp and nutty -- a nice change of pace for breakfast! Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce. From the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Cookbook dated 1963.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (stirred to remove all lumps, spooned lightly into measuring cups)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Cream together peanut butter and shortening.
- Blend in eggs and milk.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add to peanut butter mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker, and bake per waffle maker instructions!
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- Wonderful, too, as dessert waffles with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
The waffle dough was thick a lot. But it gave great waffles. I made them for my son and he liked them so much with maple syrup. They had a great texture. Crispy outside and moist inside. Thanks Kerfuffle :) Made for Photo tag game