These sound wonderful!! Posted by request, From Reader's Digest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Peanut butter Swirl
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, using a fork, stir flour with cocoa, salt, and baking powder until no cocoa lumps remain.
- 4In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in sugar, then egg, egg whites, and vanilla until combined.
- 6Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- 7Turn about 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 8Spoon dollops of remaining brownie batter over toop.
- 9Do not smooth out.
- 10In a medium bowl, beat peanut butter with cream cheese until smooth.
- 11Beat in brown sugar then egg white until bleded.
- 12Drop by spoonfuls in between chocolate batter spoonfuls.
- 13Using a thin bladed knife, draw the tip through the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- 14Continue to do so until the batter is fairly level on top.
- 15Bake in preheated oven until the centre of the brownie appears set and the sides just start to pull away from the pan, about 28 to 30 minutes.
- 16Cool brownies in pan on a rack before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g