Recipe by Joellen1972
This scrumptious recipe originally came from a 4-H publication. This has been a family favorite for years.
Top Review by Dragonfly AZ
When I make these, I melt the peanut butter and butter together before adding the marshmallows. After pressing them into the pan, I sprinkle about 1/4 c each chocolate and butterscotch chips over the treats, then put the pan into a warm oven for a few minutes to help soften the chips. Swirl the melted chips together to add another dimensions of yumminess to the treats.
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 9x9 pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- Over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows in a large, non-stick pan. Stir frequently until creamy.
- Add in peanut butter, and stir until smooth.
- Turn off heat and add in the cereal. Stir gently until cereal is evenly coated with mixture.
- Scrape into the 9x9 pan and smooth down until flat on top (either use wax paper and push with your hands, or use the back of a large metal spoon).
- Let cool, then cut into bars.