Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from Cooking Light (Sept, 2000); they are great and easy to make! This is also Kid Friendly.
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (AKA Rice Krispies)
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips
- Combine the peanut butter and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 45 seconds or until mixture melts. Add marshmallows; microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Add cereal to peanut butter mixture; toss until well-combined. Pat cereal mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place peanut butter chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 30 seconds or until chips melt. Spoon melted chips in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle melted chips over cereal mixture. Cool slightly; cut into 24 pieces.
Excellent! I have made this twice the first time I didn't melt the peanut butter chips I just sprinkled them on top and pushed them down a bit to make them stick. The second time I did half peanut butter and half chocolate chips and that was event better.