Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe on another website, but credit there was given to Kraft General Foods Canada Inc. These are a yummy variation on the classic Nanaimo Bar! I am guessing about prep and cooking (cooling) times.
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I use peanuts)
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- For the base:.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Add graham crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Press into 9 inch square pan (I line it with parchment paper).
- For the filling:.
- Using and electric mixer, beat together all filling ingredients.
- Spread over base.
- For the icing:.
- Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan on medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over filling.
- Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Score into bars to make cutting easier.
- Chill until set (a few hours or overnight).
- Cut into bars.