1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Krispies
This recipe was handed down from my great-grandmother. I'm not sure when traditional marshmallow krispie treats came on the scene, but this recipe could have preceded it! These are what I grew up on. I do not like marshmallows, so I find this recipe to be perfect. You can also top with melted chocolate if you like. Original recipe calls for 1 cup sugar, but I found it to be too sweet, so I cut it in half. You may wish to add more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring corn and sugar to a boil, and remove from heat.
- 2Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- 3Add rice krispies and stir to incorporate.
- 4Dump into a 9x13 pan and press down.
- 5Cut into squares, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Krispies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g