Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was handed down from my great-grandmother. I'm not sure when traditional marshmallow krispie treats came on the scene, but this recipe could have preceded it! These are what I grew up on. I do not like marshmallows, so I find this recipe to be perfect. You can also top with melted chocolate if you like. Original recipe calls for 1 cup sugar, but I found it to be too sweet, so I cut it in half. You may wish to add more.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml corn syrup (light or dark does not matter)
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies
- Bring corn and sugar to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add rice krispies and stir to incorporate.
- Dump into a 9x13 pan and press down.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy!
Very yummy my family loved this as a quick dessert.
salyy had this recipe also its olddd thanks for posting
Thanks for posting a very quick and easy to make treat that my entire family enjoyed! Peanut Butter Krispies are a great alternative to no-bake cookies. I used 3/4 cup sugar and was happy the level of sweetness. Hint: Wet your hands slightly when pressing these treats into the pan.