Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great with a tall glass of cold milk.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a saucepan place sugar, cocoa and the milk and stir with a whisk .
- Take the butter and slice into this mixture over low heat until all is mixed and melted.
- Bring this to a rolling boil and boil for 2 1/2 minutes -- (test it by taking a cup of cold water and putting a spoonful of the mixture into the cold water. If it forms a ball it has boiled long enough. If it does not form a ball, it is not done yet. This may take 3 minutes.).
- Turn off heat and add the peanut butter.
- Stir until it is mixed and then with heavy spoon mix in the oats and stir all together and drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.