Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are amazing! The crushed cornflakes add a great crunchy texture. My family devoured them!
- 1 (13 ounce) package peanut butter cup miniatures (approximately 42)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups.
- In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; blend in egg.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Stir together egg white and water; beat with fork until foamy.
- Roll balls in egg white mixture, then in crushed cereal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press with thumb or finger tips in center making an indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven; immediately press peanut butter cup onto each cookie.
- Cool 1 minute; remove carefully from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- About 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
These cookies were 5-STAR in taste and richness! They would be even better if my DD actually used PB-cups. She swapped out the PB-cups for chocolate chips instead. I love the crunchy texture.
WOW!!! now this is a cookie. just love the cornflakes in this gives it that extra texture. make these for the p.b. lover. easy to make, got rave reviews will add to my favorite cookie list. thank you for sharing wendy
These were the best cookies I made! They look nice, taste so good and were the first ones gone at Christmas.