Recipe by Wendy Shoemaker
These cookies are amazing! The crushed cornflakes add a great crunchy texture. My family devoured them!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
These cookies were 5-STAR in taste and richness! They would be even better if my DD actually used PB-cups. She swapped out the PB-cups for chocolate chips instead. I love the crunchy texture.
- 1 (13 ounce) package peanut butter cup miniatures (approximately 42)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups.
- In large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; blend in egg.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Stir together egg white and water; beat with fork until foamy.
- Roll balls in egg white mixture, then in crushed cereal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press with thumb or finger tips in center making an indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven; immediately press peanut butter cup onto each cookie.
- Cool 1 minute; remove carefully from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- About 3-1/2 dozen cookies.