Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from the Betty Crocker Cookie Cookbook; I use this at Christmas to make Hershey's Kiss cookies.
- Mix sugars, margarine, peanut butter, and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1" balls.
- Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet.
- Place unwrapped hershey's kiss in the middle of each cookie and let cool for hours or overnight.
My daughter made these for santa. I didn't have the hershey kisses, so I just mixed milk chocolate chips in the dough.
How could this recipe be anything other than great. I mean really, P.B. and chocolate? A total classic. This version did not disappoint in any way. I baked for 7 mins as my oven runs a touch hot. The came out nicely baked and firm enough to hold shape but were soft and yummy. Made for Sweet December Event.
Oh so good!!! I made these exactly as written, with the exception of using real butter. I cooked mine for 10 minutes and they were just how we like them, a little crisp on the outside and softer inside. I also used the mini Hershey Kisses that you don't have to take the wrappers off. Thanks for sharing the recipe Lynn!! Made for Sweet December event.