Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from the award-winning "Laura Secord" cookbook. Add in some finely chopped peanuts to the batter if desired.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, white sugar, and maple extract.
- Beat in brown sugar and peanut butter and continue to beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add in egg and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed and add in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing well until a stiff dough forms.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press down with a fork to flatted.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.