Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Taken from the award-winning "Laura Secord" cookbook. Add in some finely chopped peanuts to the batter if desired.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, white sugar, and maple extract.
- Beat in brown sugar and peanut butter and continue to beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add in egg and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed and add in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing well until a stiff dough forms.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press down with a fork to flatted.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
This is super easy and very tasty. I followed instructions exactly as listed and cookies were done in 12 minutes as stated. Will make these again, thanks for sharing.
These are easy to make and DH loved. I increased the maple flavor to 1/2 a tsp and that seems just right. It's a very nice addition. DH is currently having a bowl of oatmeal, coffee and a couple of cookies on the side. If your family likes P.B.C's make these!
I loved this recipe. It's simple and very tasty. The maple flavoring adds a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!