- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together dry ingredients, blend into creamed mixture.
- Shape in 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar. Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press fork tines in crisscross pattern across the top of the cookie to flatten it.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly, remove from pan.