Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple classic. Ground nuts or chocolate chips may be added.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter.
- Combine flour and baking powder, stir into sugar mixture until well combined.
- Nuts and chips could be added here.
- Roll into balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet 2-3" apart, and flatten somewhat by pressing with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 385F for 10-15 minutes.