Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is taken from the award-winning "The Dessert-Lover's Cookbook" by Marlene Sorosky-Gray...These cookies are sweet so you might want to reduce the sugar slightly.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (or use vanilla)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet/s with parchment paper, then butter the parchment paper or use a cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter with both sugars, maple extract and peanut butter until well blended.
- Add in the eggs; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture; beat until combined.
- Add in oats, chocolate chips and peanuts; mix until combined.
- Drop by 2-tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- With a lightly-floured fork, flatten slightly into about 2-1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake (one pan at a time) for about 12-14 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then using a spatula transfer cookies to racks to cool (if the cookies are too hot they will break).