Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 9 tablespoons butter or 9 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter and peanut butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time,.
- beating well after each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Grease bottom (not sides) of two 9-inch microwave-safe cakepans, and line with waxed paper; grease waxed paper.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Cut through batter with a knife to remove the air bubbles.
- Place 1 pan in microwave oven or an inverted saucer.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 5 to 6 minutes, giving pan a half-turn at 2-minute intervals and at end of cooking time.
- Microwave at HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is almost dry.
- Remove from oven and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining layer.
- Spread Chocolate Frosting between layers and on top and sides of.
- Sprinkle peanuts over top.
- Yield: one 2-layer cake.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Combine chocolate, butter, and milk in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl; microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 3-1/2 minutes or until mixture is softened and blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until of spreading constistency.